21 Apr 2014

Spring in London

One of the things I love about London is the climate, with its changing weather and seasons. I can't imagine living in a place where the weather is the same day in day out, month in month out, the trees don't change much, and it gets light and dark at 6am and 6pm every day. The variety of weather, foliage and light makes this the perfect place for me to live.

And so we have had a rather early spring this year, after a disappointingly snow-free, mild and wet winter. The crocuses came as early as late January, the daffs were out in February, and the bluebells are out now, even though they're not usually seen before May. Within the past two weeks the trees have changed from their winter skeletons to covered in bright green new leaves, growing by the day.

Here's a few photos I've taken of spring in London this year (and a couple thrown in from last year).


 







I hope to get a few more opportunities to get out into the countryside to get some bluebell shots, but here's a few from the woods next to my parents' house in Little Chalfont, Bucks.



All of my photos are available as prints; please visit my website - www.sophiecarrphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment