7 Jan 2013

Dog-friendly Eating & Drinking in Fulham - Where Can Henry Go?

As a fairly new dog owner, I realised that there wasn't a website that told me which cafés, pubs and restaurants my dog is welcome in, in my neighbourhood. Various searches have given me a few places that I can take the little fella, but I thought it would be helpful to do a bit of my own research, and collate the results on a blog. I contacted each place and asked them about their dog policy, so have included all establishments, dog-friendly or not. I have excluded takeaway-only places.

It goes without saying that if dogs are allowed then they must be quiet, well-behaved and kept on leads. Some places will play it by ear to see if the dogs are welcome, depending on the circumstances (eg. how busy it is, how scary-looking the dog is (!) etc.).

I have split the results between small areas and have created a separate blog for each one - please click on the relevant area for the results:

- New Kings Road & Parsons Green
- Wandsworth Bridge Road
- Fulham Road (the Parsons Green End) 
- Fulham High Street
- Fulham Broadway

Any missing details will also be updated as I get them - with some places I have not been able to get an answer yet, or ascertain if the place is still open or not!

I have grouped the places under headings which best describe their primary purpose (eg. pub) and included the following details:

- name
- website (if applicable)
- address & tel
- category
- garden
- dog-friendly or not
- WiFi
- other notes (eg. do they provide water bowls, etc.)

The information is purely factual; I haven't included any judgments on the quality of the service, food, drinks, etc.

If you have anything to add, please do so in the comments box, and definitely share if you find the information useful! If you have any updates/corrections to my information, please also let me know; it is correct at the time of writing (Jan 2013), based on conversations with each establishment.

Have a look at the article in the Fulham & Hammersmith Chronicle about this!

Check out the "Good Guide to Dog Friendly Pubs, Hotels and B&Bs" for more dog-friendly ideas around Great Britain - 5th edition out in March 2013.

3 comments:

  1. what a great initiative! Could we see a future The Carr's Guide to a Dog-friendly South West London !?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this, it's really helpful!

    I wonder if you might like to blog about this international initiative, a way for owners to indicate that their dog needs a bit of space: http://theyellowdogproject.com/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have done! Thanks for letting me know about it.

      Delete